The film takes place in a world where 4% of the population are born with some type of supernatural ability. Instead of being billionaire superheroes, most ‘specials’ live in poverty and resort to crime, forcing the police to become more militarized.
Robbie Amell is best known for playing Renton on the Netflix movie Arq, Ronnie Raymond / Firestorm on The CW’s series The Flash, and for his recent role as Agent Miller in the X-Files. Robbie will also be starring in, and producing the sci-fi/action movie Code 8.
In January 2012, Stephen Amell was cast as the title character in the The CW series Arrow, a re-imagining of the comic-book character Green Arrow. Amell also played Casey Jones in the sequel to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles film in 2016, as well as co-starring and executive producing Code 8.
Actor and occasional producer, Sung Kang launched his career in the early 2000s, and is most well known for his role as Han in the Fast & Furious franchise. Kang is one of the actors in the Code 8 short film, and will be back to reprise his role in the feature version.
Aaron Abrams has appeared in reoccuring roles for several series including Hannibal, Blindspot, & Stargate Atlantis. He can also be seen in the film Young People Fucking, which he co-wrote and produced. Abrams is one of the actors in the Code 8 short film.
Jeff Chan is the director of the widely shared Activision short film Call of Duty: Operation Kingfish, as well as the director and co-writer for the Horror/Thriller film Grace. Jeff directed the short film for Code 8, and looks forward to directing the feature version later this year.
Many things can be said about Chris Paré, like “who is this guy?” and “why’s he still standing there?”. The answer to those questions began after writing on Activision’s CALL OF DUTY: OPERATION KINGFISH which garnered over ten million views. And people couldn’t believe it when Sony bought a script he wrote. Chris plans on having more things said about him after CODE 8.
“The short is just a sample of what we can do,” says Robbie. “By working with indiegogo, we let the fans decide if they want to see more.”
Wow, did the fans ever decide that they wanted us to make this movie! We’re relaunching this campaign because of the number of people who wrote to us after the close wanting to still be a part of this project. We figured, what better time than when we start filming the movie? This is an invitation to join us on set as we will be posting live, and in real time every step of the way.
We’ve designed the perks to be as cool, fun, and worthwhile as possible to the invested fans. Above all else, we’re making something we know people will be proud to be a part of. We have a script we’re excited about, an incredible team to bring it to life, and a seriously amazing group of fans that made it all happen! “We want this campaign to really engage the fans, giving them as much access to the process as possible,” Says Sung Kang.
March 22nd: The Launch
March 23: $150k Q&A and GOAL REACHED
March 24: Robbie Amell Q&A
March 25: Arrow Perks & Campaign Update
March 30: Robbie Amell Q&A
April 1: Signed Postcard Announcements
April 4: $500k Update
April 5: Stephen Amell Update
April 6: Robbie and Sung
April 9: Robbie and Danielle Panabaker
April 12: New perks and hitting $700k!!!
April 13: We have a Code 8 Beanie!!!
April 17: We just hit $800k!
April 17: Lucky Postcard Announcement + Q&A
April 18: Road to a $Million
April 19: We hit $1Million + New perks
- 1) When will the rewards become available / be shipped? Each Perk has an Estimated Delivery month listed in description. You will be notified of any delays.The script will be sent out on, or shortly after, the day the movie is released. Digital deliveries will be sent out as an email after the end of the campaign as downloadable links.
- 2) What name will be used for the credits? We hope to use your real name, and we will ask you for your real name as part of the post-campaign survey. We may ask for a copy of proof of your identity and name. We may consider the option of using your Indiegogo username or an alternate name. If you want to put someone else’s name in the credits (a friend or family member), you will be able to submit their name in the survey
- 3) How do I give you my details and preferences (like shirt size)? Once the project has ended, we will email you a survey to ask for all the info we need to make sure you get your perk. That’s when you can give us details like shipping address, and your preferences. We expect to get the survey out to you immediately following the end of the campaign, and we need all of your details by December 1st.
- 4) What if my address changes? If you move before the perks are shipped out, get in touch with us via your Indiegogo account as soon as you can and we’ll do our best to accommodate the change.
- 5) What if the perk I want it sold out? If a perk is sold out, it’s sold out. Sorry! If you miss out, we’ll be adding a few more awesome perks throughout the month, so make sure to follow the campaign and keep checking back often!
- 6) Can I change my perk? If you decide you’d like to change or upgrade your perk to another one, get in touch with us via the campaign and we’ll see if we can help you out. Indiegogo does not provide an official change for changes and upgardes, but we may be ableto design a special private perk for you that takes care of your special requirement or request.
- 7) Can I claim more than one perk? Each contribution made is recorded as a separate contribution with a separate perk. So, if one awesome perk is not enough for you, all you have to do is make separate transactions for as many separate perks as you want!
- 8) What if I want to pledge/make a contribution for a friend or family member? You make your pledge or contribution out to anyone you want! At the end of the campaign we will send out a survey to collect the information we need to fulfill your perks. In that survey you will be able to specify a name and address for the perks to be made out to.
- 9) How do I know if my contribution has been successful? If your contribution is successful, an automatic confirmation email will be sent to the email address you provided during the contribution process.
- 10) I tried to make a contribution but it was unsuccessful. There are a few reasons why your contribution may not have gone through. Check out a list of common contribution errors for a possible solution. If you don’t see your problem there, let us know and we’ll see if we can figure it out.
- 11) You spelled something wrong / had the wrong link / made a mistake on detail. Thank you! It really does ‘take a village’ to run a campaign like this. Please get in touch with us to let us know about our mistake and help us improve the campaign!
- 12) I posted a question to the campaign. Will I get a response? We get many questions every day and have some wonderful people monitoring them! You can be sure someone will read your question, and will try to answer as soon as possible. Even if you don’t get a response, please know someone is manning the pumps, and your concern or question is being considered by our team.
- 13) What is the campaign currency? We are raising all of our funds in USD.
- 14) How will you use my contact information? We will only use your personal information to contact you for the survey, provide your perk and any of the items or services you’ve requested, respond to any inquiries from you, and to keep you updated on the progress of our Indiegogo campaign.
- 15) Do you get my email address? We do not get any of your contact information until the campaign is completed. During the campaign, we can only contact you through the Indiegogo page itself, and Indiegogo does not give us your address. When the campaign is completed, we are able to get from Indiegogo the email addresses our Backers have provided to Indiegogo.We value your privacy, and we will not share any of our Backer’s email addresses with any other party except as needed to fulfill your perk. We will only use the personal information you provide to contact you for the survey, provide your perk and any of the items or services you have requested (including providing subscription access to and updates from the page), respond to any inquiries from you, and to keep you updated on the progress of our Indiegogo campaign.
- 16) What sizes will be offered for the hoodies & t-shirts?
We will be offering sizes ranging from Small to 2XLarge.
- 17) I want an AddOn Perk and another Perk. That’s easy! You just have to make a separate purchase because indiegogo won’t allow you to buy more than one perk per purchase.
- 18) When are the premieres? Our ballpark date is December 2018. This is an estimate and likely to change.
- 19) What dates are the set tours? Tour 1: June 19 from 9am to noon Location: Large interior of bank near Queen and Parliament. Cast expected on set: Stephen and RobbieTour 2: June 19 from 2pm to 5pm Location: Large interior of bank near Queen and Parliament. Cast expected on set: Stephen and RobbieTour 3: June 24 from 9am to noon Location: Interior of apartment near Regent Park. Cast expected on set: Sung
Tour 4: June 24 from 2pm to 5pm Location: Interior of apartment near Regent Park. Cast expected on set: Sung
Tour 5: June 26 from 9am to noon Location: Medium sized interior of autoshop TBD. Cast expected on set: Stephen and Robbie
Tour 6: June 26 from 2pm to 5pm Location: Medium sized interior of autoshop TBD. Cast expected on set: Stephen and Robbie
Tour 7: July 5 from 2pm to 5pm Location: Exterior near Gerrard and Dundas. Cast expected on set: Stephen and Robbie
Tour 8: July 16 from 9am to noon Location: Small interior TBD. Cast expected on set: Robbie
Tour 9: July 16 from 2pm to 5pm Location: Small interior TBD. Cast expected on set: Robbie
Tour 10: July 17 from 9am to noon Location: Small interior TBD. Cast expected on set: Robbie
Tour 11: July 17 from 2pm to 5pm Location: Small interior TBD. Cast expected on set: Robbie
- 20) Who is running the IndieGoGo campaign? The campaign is being run by super-geniuses Davin Lengyel and Michael Davison, crowdfunding aficionado at Space Mop – the coolest place (not) on Earth.